Chi Running Workshop: 1-day
Reduce risk of injury by working from the core
09:30 — 16:00
Venue: Premier Fitness Club, Finsbury Park, London N4 3JP (opposite Finsbury Park tube)
Places available: 10
Places remaining: 6
Chi Running® combines various T’ai Chi principals with the power and energy of running. This creates energy-efficiency, reduces impact on the body and lessens the risk of injury. Much of the day will be spent working in the studio at the Premier Fitness Club. where you’ll learn drills and exercises to improve your running technique that can be practice regularly, even when not running. The workshop is suitable for all levels of runner including complete beginners as there is very little running involved – the focus is on technique.
This level 1 workshop will cover the main components of Chi Running:
- Correct posture
- Engaging gravity to create forwards momentum, greatly reducing impact on the body
- Lifting and relaxing ankles feet and ankles rather than pushing from your toes
- The correct arm swing and importance of a stable upper body and strong core
- Your optimal cadence (the amount of times your foot strikes the ground)
- How to increase your speed and stride-length
- How to relax and enjoy your running
- Video analysis
- A free group follow-up session at the London Chi Running Club which meets the first Sunday of each month.
Places are limited to 10 people to ensure personal attention.
You can book your place below online below. For other methods of payment or more information please call me on 07515 385593 or email gray@N8pt.com
The workshop is presented by a fully certified Chi Running Instructor. For more information on Chi Running visit www.chirunning.com