Chi Running 1-2-1 sessions
Personal Chi Running training
Chi Running improves your running efficiency and reduces risk of injury by focusing on correct postural alignment, relaxation, balance and mind-body connection. Combining various principles of T’ai Chi such as movement initiating from the centre of mass of the body, cooperation with force and gradual progression, you’ll learn how to develop the skill of running and create a life-long enjoyable programme for fitness, health and general well-being.
Your 1-2-1 sessions will be geared to your specific needs. A bespoke training programme will help you attain your goals and reach your potential through skill and self development.
- video analysis (outdoors)
- postural alignment, relaxation and balance
- how to create efficient forward momentum progressing from walking to running
- how to avoid heavy heel-strike and over-striding
- the importance of the upper body and arm swing
- mind-body connection and whole body integration
- optimal cadence (strides per minute)
- increased speed through ‘free’ energy and relaxation
- pre-run body looseners and dynamic warm up
- post run stretches
- a mindful approach to enjoyable running
If you are training for an event your programme will include Chi Running focusses integrated into specific sessions including slow distance, race pace, intervals, hills, fartlek (speed play), negative splits and recovery. The emphasis throughout will be on technique and gradual process – developing form then distance and finally speed. Ensuring you are physically, mentally and emotionally prepared for the challenge. Check out my 12-week event training programmes to help you run an enjoyable, pain-free race.
*Subject to the number of sessions booked